- All advertisements and commercially sponsored publications are independent of editorial decisions. BNJ does not endorse any product or service marked as an advertisement or promoted by a sponsor in BNJ publications. Editorial content is not compromised by commercial or financial interests or any specific arrangements with advertising clients or sponsors.
- BNJ reserves the right to decline any type of advertising that is damaging to the brand of BNJ or is inappropriate to the content held on the BNJ network.
- BNJ will not accept advertising for products or services that are harmful to health (e.g., tobacco and alcohol products).
- Advertisements may not be deceptive or misleading and must be verifiable. Advertisements should clearly identify the advertiser and the product or service being offered. An exaggerated or extravagantly worded copy will not be allowed. In addition, advertisements will not be accepted if they appear to be indecent or offensive in either text or artwork or if they relate to personal, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, or religious content.
- Once an advertisement has been deployed online, it will be withdrawn from the journal site at any time if the Editors or Publisher request its removal.
- BNJ will not allow any treatment-specific or drug-specific campaign to be targeted to a specific article(s) or on any page where content relates to the product(s) being advertised. (Advertisers may not link to articles using keywords; they may not target advertising for a specific product on the condition that it appears in the same location and at the same time as a particular article mentioning that product, and they may not refer to an article published at the same time as the advertisement appears).
- All advertisements for drug-specific campaigns should encourage correct and rational use and must not be misleading.
- Advertisements and editorial content must be clearly distinguishable. For example, BNJ will not publish “advertorial” content, and sponsored supplements must be clearly indicated if a supplement did not undergo peer review or underwent a peer review process different from the rest of the journal that should be explicitly stated.
- Editorial decisions will not be influenced by current or potential sponsors and advertisers and will not be affected by marketing decisions. In addition, advertisers and sponsors have no control or influence over the results of searches a user may conduct on the website by keyword or search topic.
- Suppose any advert is requested outside BNJ standard advertising positions. In that case, a request should be made to the editorial, who will respond with a full and final decision within three business days.
- Information about complaints concerning advertisements will be included on the advertisements page.
Advertising complaints policy
Please send any complaints to Belitung Raya Foundation or Publisher.