Belitung Nursing Journal (BNJ) is a Gold open-access journal, meaning that the cost of an article's publication is shifted to authors to enable free access through the journal's website.
BNJ conforms fully to The Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI) and DOAJ Open Access Definition. "By 'open access' to this literature, we mean its free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself. The only constraint on reproduction and distribution, and the only role for copyright in this domain, is to give authors control over the integrity of their work and the right to be properly acknowledged and cited".
Author(s) retain unrestricted copyrights and publishing rights of their work. In addition, the author(s) also grant BNJ/Belitung Raya Foundation the right as a publisher, the right to the first publication of all published material.
Permission from BNJ for reuse is unnecessary as the authors retain the copyright of their articles, which are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial CC BY-NC 4.0. This license allows non-commercial remixing, tweaking, and building upon the authors' work, with the requirement that any derivative works acknowledge the original authors and are non-commercial. There is no obligation for derivative works to be licensed under the same terms.
- Copying or downloading of articles or linking to such articles for further redistribution, sale, or licensing;
- Copying, downloading, or posting by a site or service that incorporates advertising with such content;
- The inclusion or incorporation of article content in other works or services (other than normal quotations with an appropriate citation) that is then available for sale or licensing for a fee (for example, a compilation produced for marketing purposes, inclusion in a sales pack);
- Use of article content (other than normal quotations with appropriate citation) by for-profit organizations for promotional purposes;
- Linking to article content in email messages redistributed for promotional, marketing, or educational purposes;
- Use for the purposes of monetary reward by means of sale, resale, license, loan, transfer, or another form of commercial exploitation such as marketing products.