Belitung Nursing Journal (BNJ) is a Gold open-access journal, meaning that the cost of an article's publication is shifted to authors to enable free access through the journal's website.
BNJ conforms fully to The Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI) and DOAJ Open Access Definition. "By 'open access' to this literature, we mean its free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself. The only constraint on reproduction and distribution, and the only role for copyright in this domain, is to give authors control over the integrity of their work and the right to be properly acknowledged and cited".
Author(s) retain unrestricted copyrights and publishing rights of their work. In addition, the author(s) also give BNJ/Belitung Raya Foundation the right as a publisher, the right to the first publication of all published material.
Seeking permission from BNJ for reuse is not necessary. The copyright of all articles remains with the authors, who have chosen to make the articles available for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial CC BY-NC 4.0. This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon the authors' work non-commercially, and although the others' new works must also acknowledge the authors and be non-commercial, they don't have to license their derivative works on the same terms.
Use by Commercial "For-Profit" Organizations
All BNJ articles use a non-commercial license where the use of published articles for commercial purposes is prohibited. Commercial purposes include:
- Copying or downloading of articles or linking to such articles for further redistribution, sale, or licensing;
- Copying, downloading, or posting by a site or service that incorporates advertising with such content;
- The inclusion or incorporation of article content in other works or services (other than normal quotations with an appropriate citation) that is then available for sale or licensing for a fee (for example, a compilation produced for marketing purposes, inclusion in a sales pack);
- Use of article content (other than normal quotations with appropriate citation) by for-profit organizations for promotional purposes;
- Linking to article content in email messages redistributed for promotional, marketing, or educational purposes;
- Use for the purposes of monetary reward by means of sale, resale, license, loan, transfer, or another form of commercial exploitation such as marketing products.
Special Note for AUTHORS
Suppose you wish to reuse your own article (or an amended version) in a new publication for which you are the author, editor, or co-editor. Prior permission is not required (with the usual acknowledgments).
Teaching institutions may make multiple copies for teaching purposes without charge, provided such copies are not resold or copied.