Principles of Transparency Open Access Policy Publication Ethics Editorial Process Peer Review Process & Policy Journal Archiving Policy CrossMark, Correction & Withdrawal Policy Deposit/Self-Archiving Policy Data Sharing Policy (Availability Statement) Section Policy Policy of Screening for Plagiarism Advertisement Policy OAI-PMH
- Author Guideline
Principles of Transparency
JOHA fully adheres to the ethical guidelines for research and publication described in the Guidelines on Good Publication (http://publicationethics.org/resources/guidelines), the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) Guidelines (http://www.icmje.org), and Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing; the fourth version of a work in progress (published September 15, 2022) (joint statement by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), DOAJ, the Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association (OASPA), and the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME)) (https://doaj.org/apply/transparency/; https://doi.org/10.24318/cope.2019.1.12)
- Name of journal: Journal of Healthcare Administration (JOHA) is not a pretty unique name, but no one will be easily confused with another journal, as it is only published by Belitung Raya Foundation, Indonesia. Seen from ISSN Portal records, some journals have similar names to JOHA, including (i) The Internet Journal of Healthcare Administration (United States; ISSN 1531-2933), (ii) Journal of Hospital and Healthcare Administration (United States; 2688-6472), and (iii) International Journal of Research Foundation of Hospital and Healthcare Administration (India; 2347-4602).
- Website: The journal’s website is highly maintained for security aspects that help protect users from viruses and malware. Https is used by JOHA (https://www.belitungraya.org/BRP/index.php/joha/index). The text and web content are highly ensured to demonstrate high ethical and professional standards. No information may mislead readers or authors, including any attempt to mimic another journal/publisher’s site. Acknowledgment is declared or linked if any text is copied from another website or source. A ‘Focus & Scope’ is included on the JOHA website, and its readership is clearly defined. Statements on what this journal will consider for publication, including authorship criteria (e.g., not considering multiple submissions or redundant publications), are also clearly displayed in the publication ethics. The journal’s ISSN is clearly shown (both on the website as well as on each article published).
- Publishing schedule: This is clearly described in the publication frequency.
- Archiving: JOHA’s article content is included in the Public Knowledge Project Private Network (PKP PN) for purposes of preservation and restoration. In addition, JOHA is listed in the Keepers Registry. This is clearly indicated.
- Copyright: The policy for copyright is clearly stated on the journal's website. JOHA, its website, and the articles published therein are licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0. The copyright holder is also named on all published articles (both HTML and PDF). It is noteworthy that authors retain unrestricted copyright and publishing rights. They are also permitted to archive the article submitted, accepted, and the publisher’s versions. This is clearly stated in the copyright notice and self-deposit policy.
- Licensing: Licensing information is clearly described in guidelines on the JOHA website, and licensing terms are indicated on all published articles, both HTML and PDF, under CC BY-NC 4.0. They are also permitted to archive the article submitted, accepted, and the publisher’s versions under CC BY-NC 4.0. This is clearly stated in the licensing information, copyright notice,open access policy, and self-deposit policy.
- Publication ethics and related editorial policies: JOHA has a detailed publication ethics policy, which is clearly visible on its website. Regarding authorship and contributorship, those who meet the ICMJE authorship criteria will be included. Editors are committed to taking reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred, including plagiarism, citation manipulation, and data falsification/fabrication. In no case shall JOHA or its editors encourage such misconduct or knowingly allow it to occur. Suppose the publisher or Editors are made aware of any allegation of research misconduct relating to a published article in this journal. In that case, the publisher or Editors are committed to following COPE’s guidelines in dealing with allegations. The correction and withdrawal policy is also clearly stated.
- Peer review: JOHA operates a double-blind review, with at least two external peer reviewers or independent expert reviewers to assess the paper's scientific quality. The detail of the peer review process and policy can be seen here.
- Access: The way in which the journal and individual articles are fully open access to readers is clearly stated.
- Ownership and management: Belitung Raya Foundation, Indonesia, is the only publisher, owner, and sponsor for JOHA. The publishing work is managed by the Department of Publication. Belitung Raya Foundation covers all publication fees. There is no misleading information about the nature of the journal’s owner.
- Advisory body: JOHA has an editorial board whose members are recognized experts in the subject areas included within the journal’s scope. The full names, affiliations, ORCiD and Scopus iDs of the editorial board are provided on the journal’s website. The editorial board members are updated periodically.
- Editorial team/contact information: JOHA provides the full names and affiliations of the journal’s editors on the journal website as well as contact information for the editorial office, including a full address (Belitung Raya Foundation. Jalan Genayun, Komplek Perumahan Guru, Dusun Urisan Jaya, Desa Padang, Kabupaten Belitung Timur, Manggar, Bangka Belitung, Indonesia 33512).
- Author fees: There is no Article Processing Charge (APC) for submission and publication.
- Other revenue: JOHA uses an open access business model. However, the journal’s expenses are fully covered by the publisher (Belitung Raya Foundation).
- Advertising: JOHA clearly states its advertising policy. JOHA does not publish any advertising material.
- Direct marketing: Any direct marketing activities, including solicitation of manuscripts conducted on behalf of JOHA, are appropriate, well-targeted, and unobtrusive. Information provided about the publisher and the journal is truthful and not misleading for readers or authors.