Belitung Nursing Journal (BNJ) is a Gold open access journal that was launched in December 2015. It provides a platform for nursing scholarship with an emphasis on Asian focus and perspectives from the region.
BNJ is an official publication of Belitung Raya Foundation, Indonesia, jointly with the Indonesian National Nurses Association of Belitung Indonesia (PPNI Belitung) and Prodi D3 Keperawatan Belitung Poltekkes Kemenkes RI Pangkal Pinang, Indonesia.
BNJ is fully sponsored and funded by Belitung Raya Foundation as a non-profit organization focusing on education, health, information technology, and the social empowerment of the community. Belitung Raya Foundation was established in 2015 with an official license of establishment from the Ministry of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia (MENKUMHAM RI) under No: AHU-0009599.AH.01.12. Year 2015 and Notarial Deed No: 12 on 06 July 2015 by SRI ARIYAWATI, SH., M.KN.
It is essential to note that the terms "Department of Publication" and "Belitung Raya Publisher" refer to the same department under the Belitung Raya Foundation, which focuses on publication. For consistency, the website uses "Department of Publication" to refer to this department.
BNJ has receivedaccreditation by the Ministry of Science, Research, Technology, and Higher Education of Indonesia (RISTEKDIKTI RI) under No: 10/3/KPT/2019, which is valid until 2024.
BNJ is indexed in the following main products:
- Scopus, accepted on 5 October 2020 (Articles published after 1 January 2020 will be indexed).
- Web of Science (ESCI), accepted on 22 July 2020 (Articles published after 1 January 2018 will be indexed).
- DOAJ, accepted on 9 June 2016. DOAJ SEAL was awarded on 7 October 2021.
Check for more indexing products here.
Belitung Nursing Journal derives its name from its editorial house located on Belitung Island, Bangka Belitung Province, Indonesia. This name serves as our identity, and we strive to demonstrate to the younger generation that even though we operate from a small island, our reach and connections are global. Belitung Nursing Journal is an Indonesian product that resulted from ASEAN and international networking. It has been established as an international journal that provides a platform for nursing scholars to publish their works, visions, and perspectives.
- From December 2015 until December 2017, BNJ had no Article Processing Charge for those who would like to submit their works in open access. The style for citation and reference format was in Vancouver style.
- Since January 2018, BNJ established Article Processing Charge to maintain the website, add the server, and open access. In addition, the style for citation and reference format was changed to APA style 6th edition, as we got feedback from authors having difficulty in Vancouver style.
- In January 2019, we became a member of Crossref. Thus, the citation and reference format style has changed to APA style 6th edition with DOI number.
- Since 14 April 2020, the name 'Belitung Raya Publisher' was changed to 'Department of Publication of Belitung Raya Foundation' in response to the confusion about the connection between Belitung Raya Publisher and Belitung Raya Foundation. The letter can be seen here
- On 17 August 2021, we upgraded the system from OJS 2 to OJS 3.
- BNJ papers' templates vary over time (see the figure below)