Launched in December 2015, Belitung Nursing Journal (BNJ) is a Gold open access journal that provides a venue for nursing scholarship with an Asian focus and perspectives from the region.
BNJ is an official publication of Belitung Raya Foundation, Indonesia, jointly with the Indonesian National Nurses Association of Belitung Indonesia (PPNI Belitung) and Prodi D3 Keperawatan Belitung Poltekkes Kemenkes RI Pangkal Pinang, Indonesia.
BNJ is fully sponsored and funded by Belitung Raya Foundation as a non-profit organization focusing on education, health, information technology, and the social empowerment of the community. Belitung Raya Foundation was established in 2015 with an official license of establishment from the Ministry of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia (MENKUMHAM RI) with No: AHU-0009599.AH.01.12. Year 2015 and Notarial Deed No: 12 on 06 July 2015 by SRI ARIYAWATI, SH., M.KN.
Do not get confused with the terms "Department of Publication" or "Belitung Raya Publisher". They are the same department under Belitung Raya Foundation, which focuses on publication. For the sake of consistency, we just use "Department of Publication" on this website.
BNJ has been accredited by the Ministry of Science, Research, Technology, and Higher Education of Indonesia (RISTEKDIKTI RI) with No: 10/3/KPT/2019, valid until 2024.
BNJ is indexed in the following main products:
- Scopus, accepted on 5 October 2020 (Articles published after 1 January 2020 will be indexed).
- Web of Science (ESCI), accepted on 22 July 2020 (Articles published after 1 January 2018 will be indexed).
- DOAJ, accepted on 9 June 2016. DOAJ SEAL was awarded on 7 October 2021.
Check for more indexing products here.
Why Belitung Nursing Journal?
Belitung's name is taken from our editorial house located on Belitung Island, Bangka Belitung Province, Indonesia, as our identity. It is straightforward that we need to prove and motivate young generations that, although we are from a small island, our scope and networking are global.
Belitung Nursing Journal is one of the Indonesian products as a result of ASEAN and International networking, established as one of the International journals to facilitate nursing scholars to publish their works, visions, and perspectives.
Journal history related to APC, publisher's name, and journal formats
- From December 2015 until December 2017, BNJ had no Article Processing Charge for those who would like to submit their works in open access. The style for citation and reference format was in Vancouver style.
- Since January 2018, BNJ established Article Processing Charge to maintain the website, add the server, and open access. In addition, the style for citation and reference format was changed to APA style 6th edition, as we got feedback from authors having difficulty in Vancouver style.
- In January 2019, we became a member of Crossref. Thus, the citation and reference format style has changed to APA style 6th edition with DOI number.
- Since 14 April 2020, the name 'Belitung Raya Publisher' was changed to 'Department of Publication of Belitung Raya Foundation' in response to the confusion about the connection between Belitung Raya Publisher and Belitung Raya Foundation. The letter can be seen here
- On 17 August 2021, we upgraded the system from OJS 2 to OJS 3.
- BNJ papers' templates vary over time (see the figure below)